Based in Liverpool, UK
19th May 2022
Switch (Coming soon)
Eternal Threads is a story-driven puzzle game set in North of England in 2015, where six people have died in a house fire - which they all should have survived. Early experiments with time travel in the distant future have created corruption throughout the timestream. You play as Agent 43, a rookie time operative working for the newly formed Second Chance Project, whose mission is to restore the multiple defects within the past.
Corruption has been detected throughout the week preceding their deaths and prohibited from simply stopping the fire, the player must instead manipulate the choices made by the housemates so that they all can survive. From the outset, the player has free and complete reign to explore the seven day timeline before the fire. They can watch and alter the significant events from the entire week as many times as they like and in whatever order they wish.
Changing many of the housemates decisions will cause the timeline to instantly recalibrate. Branches in time will open and close, causing some events to vanish and others to appear, allowing the player to investigate further. The housemates can be saved from the fire in multiple ways, with each outcome having a profound effect on their lives in the future. Will you just search for the quickest and easiest solution, or can you find the best possible outcome for everyone?
Ultimately, everything is about choices and consequences.
A first-person game, set in a realistic and atmospheric location with rich and immersive audio.
A new and clever time-manipulation mechanic at its core, offering a completely fresh, non-linear, puzzle/narrative game experience.
- Use the Visualiser device to watch past events in their ghostly form, with the smoke and fire damaged house a constant reminder of what is to come.
- Just like a Rubik's cube, the game becomes more difficult the closer you get to a solution - saving one housemate may cause others to die.
- Investigate the housemate's relationships and secrets to allow for more informed decision choices to be made.
- Discover information within the past events to gain access to locked and hidden areas within the house.
- As you manipulate the past, the environment around you can change as the butterfly effect travels forward in time to affects the future.
- Explore the house and find personal possessions, letters and phone messages to give you more insight into their lives.
There are far more Eternal Threads images available, so if you have any specific requests, please do contact us.
Cosmonaut Studios was formed in 2015 by a group of friends who had worked together for many years at Magenta Software Games. Our team is a combination of industry veterans and talented newcomers, who chose to band together to develop the types of games which really excite us. Collectively we have worked on dozens of games and even won a BAFTA for the trophy cabinet.
We are committed to creating strong narrative based games for the new Netflix generation. Games with intriguing stories, dealing with mature themes and strong characters, that will satisfy a sophisticated, older, more gender balanced audience. Some games from this genre have been criticised for being little more than ‘walking simulators’ and/or limit the player’s agency to simple one-shot dialogue choices. Our mission is to redefine the story-driven experience by welding compelling stories and narratives, with fresh and intuitive game mechanics - We call this Narrative+
Cosmonaut Studios grants all rights and permissions to use/copy/modify any and all content on this page for media distribution in all channels and mediums.